picky eater's pick of the month

20 July 2010

...or maybe just for this week (?).

There are days when I am so frustrated that I just want to pull all my hair out. RJ is a very picky eater and it's very difficult to plan our meals because of that. If I can only have my way, I will cook vegetables for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in-between. RJ's favorite line these days, "I hate vegetables! Yuck!"

Thank God that he doesn't hate fruits. And at the moment Taho.
Tahô is a Philippine snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar and vanilla syrup), and pearl sago (similar to pearl tapioca). This staple comfort food is a signature sweet and can be found all over the country. The Indonesian and Malaysian equivalent of this dish is Tahu.

Vegefoods, Chilled Taho

I found this video tutorial on how to make homemade taho. It's so easy.



Ingredients:

22 ounces extra soft tofu
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup uncooked tapioca pearls
4 ½ cups water

Procedure:

1. Pour 4 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
2. Put-in the tapioca pearls and cook for 40 minutes in medium heat.
3. Add ¼ cup brown sugar and mix well.
4. Turn off the heat and let the tapioca pearls sit on the cooking pot until room temperature is achieved. Set aside.
5. Heat a saucepan then pour-in ½ cup of water.
6. Put-in 1 cup of brown sugar once the water starts to boil. Mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside.
7. Transfer the extra soft tofu in a glass or mug then heat in a microwave oven for a minute.
8. Top the extra soft tofu with the cooked tapioca pearls and sweet syrup.
9. Serve warm. Share and Enjoy!

Thank you to Panlasang Pinoy for the recipe. I am now a big fan!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2010 my baby rj | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates