my son's summer activities

08 April 2011

My son's school was one of the earliest to end school year 2010-2011. I made a list of summer activities for him but just as the saying goes -the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. These are his daily activities:

painting, arts and crafts

I bought a table easel, poster paint and lots of bond papers for him. He has a boxful of watercolors, colored pencils and crayons. I have been buying second hand art books for kids, so he has lots of those also in his bookshelf. I enrolled him in an art class, at Museo Pambata, last summer vacation but I wasn't satisfied. Although RJ did enjoy making arts and crafts, the lessons were appropriate for preschoolers and he 's already 8 years old at that time.

swimming

I've noticed that he sneezes nonstop  in the morning and easily gets cough and colds since he stopped swimming June 2010. He started swimming when he was just 2, trains with a swim team daily and has been joining swimming competitions. I didn't want him to hate swimming so I allowed him to have a swim-break for a year. Since the start of summer break he's been swimming daily again.

basketball

Basketball during weekends.

running, track oval

Running at night.

Kaos

And we watched Kaos. If you haven't yet, do watch it. My son had so much fun watching the acrobats and magical illusions. I'm 101% sure your kids will love it too.

We will have a one month vacation in the province next month. Hopefully I can find a good tennis coach and will also enrol him in guitar and piano lessons.

Mommy Moments 

13 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow a budding artist in the makin... Keep it up RJ.

Our summer Plans

PL said...

wow! lots of fun things to do! he's one talented kid! dropping by your MM entry! hope you visit my Mommy Moments entry too!

Shengkay said...

wow! masyadong busy ang career ng anakis mo mommy..Visiting from MM! :)
My Summer Plan .Have a nice day!
***************************************************
Shengkay Random Nest
Shengkay’s Journal

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

He must have an eye for a great art too.

MM:Summer Plans

jared's mum said...

sounds like your son will have one summer to remember;)
happy mommy moments!
mumwrites
jared's little corner

 gmirage said...

try looking for an art class handled by known artists, I think he'll enjoy that...Keep it up RJ!

-mirage

Stef said...

That easel is surely a great find for it will definitely help him boost his talents! Have fun! Happy MM! Hope you can check out my entry too! Thanks!

Tetcha said...

You have lots of exciting summer plans for your son, all very productive. Happy MM! I hope you can visit my entry, too. Thanks! http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/04/mommy-moments-summer-plans.html

Yami said...

Wow, ang daming activities ni Rj this summer. Budding artist din pala unico hijo mo sis ha. Keep it up, Rj! :)

kimmyschemy said...

wow! that sure sounds like an exciting summer ahead..

Simply Dyes said...

nice! full of activities for a fun-filled summer!

Thanks for peeking at my plans.
Don't hesitate to drop by my STREET.

Have a great summer!

Chris said...

he is really growing to be a good artist! :) i also didn't enroll my little girl in any art classes.. instead, i chose to invest them on buying her poster paints and other materials.

by the way, where did you buy the easel?

seth said...

How I wish my son will be sporty too like your son...I like him to have a swimming lesson for his asthma but having second thoughts that he might get colds afterwards...

My Mommy Moments Entry

Copyright © 2010 my baby rj | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates