teaching your children to be rich

02 December 2009

Have you read Robert Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad, Poor Dad?

Me? I haven't...yet. I have read a lot of reviews and forum discussions about it though.

I know.

I am centuries late already. I have a copy of the book a long time ago but put off reading it in favor of fiction books. Such a waste of time? No, not really, I dont think so. I already started reading it, better late than never.

Here are some excerpts from the book that might make you want to read it.

"If you want something, work for it."

"You're only poor if you give up. Keep going. Don't quit."

"A nice car and a nice house does not necessarily mean you're rich or you know how to make money."

"Opportunities come and go. Being able to know when to make quick decisions is an important skill."

"It's fear that keeps most people working at a job. The fear of not paying their bills. The fear of being fired. The fear of
not having enough money. The fear of starting over."

"You're taxed when you earn. You're taxed when you spend. You're taxed when you save. You're taxed when you die."

"The main cause of poverty or financial struggle is fear and ignorance, not the economy or the government or the rich. It's selfinflicted fear and ignorance that keeps people trapped."

"I want to teach you to master the power of money. Not be afraid of it. And they don't teach that in school. If you don't learn it, you become a slave to money."

Want to learn more? Go ahead, read the book.

If you have read it already, what have you learned from it?

0 comments:

Copyright © 2010 my baby rj | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates