23 people, positive with Influenza A (H1N1) TODAY!

10 June 2009

This is getting scarier by the minute. 23 new cases of A (H1N1) were reported today. The Philippines now has a record breaking 77 cases, the most in Asia. DOH official's said that this is due to our government’s "very good surveillance system and transparency in reporting".

As I have said in my previous post, my son's school moved the first day of classes from June 10 to June 16. But due to these disturbing developments, I am thinking of not letting my son attend the first week of classes. If you have been following the news lately, a lot of the confirmed cases were reported by schools on the first day of classes.

I'm sure the people infected with the disease went on with their daily activities before being quarantined. Did any of them go to Megamall while I was there? Did anybody with swine flu symptoms used the MRT while I was on it on my way to work? Those are the questions that might be running on your mind right now.
It won’t help us and our family if we panic. This is the time that we should take care of our health more. We should exercise more, drink our multivitamins, drink lots of water and take care of our hygiene.

For more information on how to stop the spread of the disease, read my previous post.

Sources:
Inquirer

1 comments:

Tetcha said...

It's really scary sending our kids to school because of A(H1N1). My son will start school (nursery) this Wednesday, and I'm also worried. I hope we can exchange links, too. Thanks!

Copyright © 2010 my baby rj | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates