when should you teach your child to pray?

24 August 2010

The Holy Rosary

If you haven't done it yet, the right time to teach your child to pray is -- NOW. One very important responsibility of parents, to their children, is teaching the importance of prayer. No matter what one's religion is, prayer should be inculcated at an early age.

I started praying with my son when he can't even talk yet. When he was still in my womb, I'm sure he can hear my prayers. Babies and toddlers can remember a lot, their memory starts to develop even before they are born. I taught him The Lord's Prayer at the same time he was learning his ABC and 123.

Last year, my son already know how to lead the praying of the Rosary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how nice. i've taught my kids to pray by the time they learn to talk, even simple prayers like thank you Jesus, can be amazing.

Tetcha said...

I agree, Mommy, it's our responsibility as parents to teach our children to know God and talk to Him through prayers.

Unknown said...

i agree, its never to early to teach a child to pray. my parents started when they started bringing us to church as infants

Copyright © 2010 my baby rj | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates