i made my son cry (almost!)

22 September 2009

As I have said on my previous posts, my son is a very picky eater. With the desire to play with his classmates right away during lunch break (instead of putting food in his stomach), he doesn't finish his lunch most of the time. Early morning of each day, while preparing his lunch food, I can't help but think that I am pretty sure I will again find his lunch container still half-full when I pick him up in school later during the day.

Today, I wrote him a note on a piece of paper. I taped it on his lunch container.




When I picked him up, he said: "Thank you for your note, Mama. I'm sorry I didn't finish my lunch. I almost cried when I read your note".

He was so touched with my note, it made him cry (almost!). Last time I made him a note for lunch was when he was still in preschool. Technically it was not a lunchnote, it was a recess note because he only stays for 3 hours in school at that time. I guess this is my first ever lunchnote for him then.

When I checked his lunch container, I was so happy that he almost finished his food. One more bite would have been enough to finish it.

Oh well, that is better than finding it still half-full right?

7 comments:

Chris said...

sweet... :D

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

ang sweet naman ni mama...

Unknown said...

sweeeeeetttt.. sana ikaw nalang ang mama ko.. hehe.. joke!

Bailey Baretto said...

this is so sweet :) hehehe

rjs mama said...

made him a note again today. when we arrived home from school, i saw him getting the note and reading it in the bedroom (smiling!). i should not do this everyday, maybe every other day. para may surprise and hindi sya magsawa :)

nicquee said...

magandang "trick" yan ah. :)

Debbie Racho said...

this is so sweet...i worry a lot too when my daughter doesn't eat much...

Copyright © 2010 my baby rj | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates